Sand Filter Purge
We recommend doing a full purge on the entire pool for this procedure. Calculate what the entire pool needs for it’s purge, then allocate a portion of that total purge to the sand filter itself as follows:
- 1 Pint (16 oz) CPR
- 1 Quart (32 oz) AAD
- 1 Quart (32 oz) MSI
1# Consider adding Ascorbic Acid as needed if metals are a problem in the pool.
*For Smaller Tanks reduce above amounts by 50%
Complete following steps, wait 3-4 hours, then backwash
- Isolate & Open each tank to be purged. Lower water level to be about 1-2″ above the sand bed.
- Add Next Generation Products from above directly into the tank.
- Stir in and mix as well as possible. If air scour is available, use it. The objective is to mix in our chemicals as deep into the sand bed as possible. Use a pipe or rake to push deep into the sand bed.
- Agitate and mix up the sand in the tank 1x per hour for 3-4 hours, if possible.
- Backwash and check sand. It usually takes 2-3 backwashes to get all the contamination out. Sediment will have lifted to the surface between each backwash.
After the filter purge has completed and the filter has been backwashed thoroughly, restart the pump and run the system as normal. Then, purge the pool with enzymes (32 oz. /10,000 gallons of AAD Enzymes).